Loving Day is getting bigger and bigger. Each year around June 12 we celebrate the anniversary of the Loving v. Virginia Supreme Court decision, which made interracial marriages legal.
One of these days all of us are going to gather in one spot and celebrate. Lovingday.org has compiled a list of celebrations, including one in Japan. What are your plans?
I’ll be at the Mixed Roots Film and Literary Festival.
A few highlights:
- Los Angeles premiere of “Yelling to the Sky”starring Zöe Kravitz, daughter of actress Lisa Bonet and Rock Star Lenny Kravitz, and featuring Gabourey Sidibe
- Danzy Senna will read from and sign her new book, You Are Free
- Actress Amy Hill presents an excerpt of her one-woman show
- Susan Straight will read from and sign her new book, Take One Candle Light a Room
- The Loving Prize will be awarded to activist/scholar Dr. Paul Spickard and
to playwright/professor Dr. Velina Hasu Houston